Now is the time to starting thinking about spending a day in a New Castle County park; thinking about having a picnic, want to use one of our athletic fields, or host a special event. To guarantee use of park facilities for your party, reunion, picnic, league game or special event, be sure to get a New Castle County facility permit.
Call or email the Park Permits Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance in choosing the perfect venue. The Permit Office also accepts walk in applications during our normal office hours.
New Castle County allows organizations to have annual events if they get there applications in to the Parks Permits Office before January 31st. Starting February 1st all dates will be open first come/first serve.
Permits for all functions / facilities are:
- Issued on a first-come, first-served basis after the application and payment are received
- Necessary for organized use of an athletic field
- Required for groups of 15 or more
- To be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to requested date of usage
Special Event Park Permit Application
A Special Event Permit is required if your event meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Event is advertised and open to the public
- Event is a run / walk, community function, or sports competition
- Event requires extra-duty personnel from New Castle County Special Services
- Parking is expected to exceed facility capacity / traffic control is required
- Or if the Parks Permits Supervisor deems it necessary
If you are having a company picnic, family reunion, or a birthday party, pavilions at Banning, Brandywine Springs, Paper Mill, Weiss, Iron Hill, Woodshaven Kruse, or Talley Day parks may be the ideal setting for your gathering. Indoor restrooms and electricity are available at some locations. For guaranteed usage, reservations are necessary.
To reserve a pavilion,and forward it with payment and all necessary paperwork to the Park Permit Office. Or use the . All pavilion reservation requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis
The county also has many athletic fields for softball, baseball, Little League, soccer and football for recreational and league play. Several are lighted for after-dark scheduling. Get your requests in now for this upcoming season's sporting events.
- 2018 Sports Field Application (PDF)
- 2018 Sports Court Application (PDF)
- 2018 Special Vending Application (PDF)
- 2018 Special Event Application (PDF)
- 2018 Softball Tournament Application (PDF)
- 2018 Showmobile Application (PDF)
- 2018 Pavilion Application (PDF)
- 2018 Literature-Display Misc Application (PDF)
- 2018 Dead Down Wood Application (PDF)
- 2018 BTC Application (PDF)