Historic Review Board
- 5 p.m.
- Business meetings held the first Tuesday of the month
- Public hearings held the third Tuesday of the month
- New Castle County Government Center
87 Read's Way
New Castle, DE 19720
- Barbara E. Benson, PhD, Chair
- Karen Anderson, AIA, LEED BD+C
- John T. Brook, Esq.
- John R. Davis, PE
- Stephen L. Johns, PE, PLS
- Barbara H. Silber, MA, RPA
- Rafael X. Zahralddin-Aravena, Esq.
- Two vacancies
The Historic Review Board makes recommendations and delineations for historic district boundaries, maintains a survey of historic properties, and reviews permits relative to historic properties. For the exact language defining the board’s responsibilities, please see Section 40.30.330 of the Unified Development Code. Members are appointed by the county executive and County Council.
- UDC articles 30, 15, 31
- IBC - Sections dealing with demolition and historic structures and permits for historic structures
- Certification agreement between the State of Delaware and New Castle County, effective September 16, 1986, conferring on the County Certified Local Government Status
- Guidelines for implementation of a certified local government program in Delaware
For more information on Historic Preservation, visit our Historic Planning page.