Department of Land Use Coronavirus Policy
Effective April 2, 2020, the New Castle County Government Center is closed to the public until further notice. Our residents and customers will need to take advantage of convenient ways to conduct business with us by one of the following methods.
- Online: https://www.newcastlede.gov/186/Online-Services
- Phone: Permits/Inspections/Planning (302) 395-5400 and/or Code Enforcement (302) 395-5555
- Email: Permit questions or building code questions may be emailed to email@example.com
- Email: Code Enforcement concerns may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: General questions may be emailed to LandUse@newcastlede.gov
- Postal mail: All forms and fees may be postal mailed to the Department of Land Use, 87 Reads Way, New Castle, DE 19720
You are strongly encouraged to conduct business by one of the aforementioned methods. However, if you wish to personally drop-off an application, fees, or other paperwork, there will be a blue mailbox located inside of the vestibule of the Government Center. A staff member retrieves any submitted materials from that mailbox daily. Please understand as the health emergency continues to evolve, this drop-off option may be eliminated. Thank you for your cooperation.
Land Use Has A Lot Going On In September! Please Join Us!
Sept. 21, 2020 - Governor Printz Boulevard Corridor Virtual Workshop
Sept. 23, 2020 - Southern New Castle County Master Plan Virtual Meeting
We encourage the community to review the final draft and provide feedback. Comments will be accepted until October 12, 2020 and can be emailed to NCC2050@newcastlede.gov. Following the workshop and comment period, the plan will then proceed through the legislative process for incorporation into the comprehensive plan. Read the final draft here.
Southern New Castle County draft master plan workshop scheduled for 9/23/20. Read the draft plan here! Comments welcome! Read on...
Second NCC@2050 Virtual Workshop - October 7, 2020 Read on...
The Department of Land Use has updated the use permit requirements and application for Temporary Outdoor Seating for food and drink establishments. Read on...
We need your energy and ideas! Read on...