The purpose of NCC Cares is to make honest and transparent grants to groups and organizations that identify gaps in service to the public and deliver the public good efficiently.
The County Executive welcomes the opportunity to partner with private groups and organizations to enhance quality of life in communities throughout New Castle County. To ensure transparency and responsible use of finite County resources, below is the process and form for requesting financial support for a non-profit organization.
Priority will be given to work in the areas the County Executive has defined as key areas of focus for Fiscal Year 2019 (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019):
- Increasing opportunities for a more bikeable and walkable County
- Curbing the rate of heroin and other opioid addiction and overdoses
- Reducing violence and its impact on communities
- Improving health equity across the County
- Enhancing educational and sporting opportunities for youth
- Enriching cultural opportunities
- Supporting entrepreneurs pursuing innovative ideas with potential to solve a community problem
- Supporting other innovative, community-based programs that reach under-served populations
Grants will be reviewed within 90 days of receipt.
Process to apply for grant funding:
- Use the link above to complete the online form
- Submit the supplemental financial information
- Submit documentation of non-discrimination policy
A report on the use of funds is required within 180 days of disbursement, describing the funding impact and showing specific use of funds.
For questions, contact:
- Maria Sacco or Charles Duncan at 302-395-5101