Any person who maintains a kennel wherein more than 4 dogs are kept for show, trial, sale, breeding or other purposes may purchase a kennel license instead of individual dog owner licenses for each dog. Kennel licenses are purchased for each calendar year.
How to Obtain a Kennel License
Kennel license applications for ALL counties can be picked up in person at the Kent County Applicants should complete the application and return to the KCSPCA and an inspection appointment will be scheduled.
Current kennel license holders will be receiving information and applications in the mail.
Once your Kennel has passed inspection with Kent SPCA, Please send in a copy of the approved inspection report and a check for the license to New Castle County Government Center, Office of Finance c/o Mike Kapa, 87 Reads Way, New Castle DE 19720. We will not be accepting any walk-ins. If you have any questions please call Mike Kapa at (302) 395-5169.
• Kennels operating with no more than twelve (12) dogs: $85.00
• Kennels operating with no more than twenty-five (25) dogs: $200.00
• Kennels operating with no more than fifty (50) dogs: $350.00
• Kennels operating with fifty (50) or more: $550.00
• Kennels operating exclusively with no more than twenty (20) hunting dogs: $50.00
Kennel licenses purchased after March 1st of each calendar year shall be assessed an additional $35.00 reinstatement fee.
Kennel licenses that have been suspended shall be assessed an additional reinstatement fee of $50.00